Wednesday, 5 June 2013

NOTD: Essie Ballet Slippers & Essie Eternal Optimist


With all the beautiful weather we've been having recently I've finally broken out of my I-only-want-to-wear-dark-colours fixation and have started reaching for pretty pastel colours.

Essie are one of my favourite brands for their great formula and easy application and for this look I used Ballet Slippers with Eternal Optimist on my ring finger. Eternal Optimist is a really lovely nude colour which is great for days when you want something on your nails but nothing too dark or distracting. 

I also love the milky colour of Ballet Slippers but I forgot how sheer it is. In this picture I had applied 3 coats but the whites of my nails were still visible underneath so I think next time I use it I'll apply a layer of an opaque white polish before I add this one on top to give it a bit of a helping hand.

Are you a fan of Essie nail polishes?


17 comments:

  1. Love them! Great blog, so I'm a New follower on GFC =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looove your nail colours so much! Off to paint mine now! <3

    xo
    Lost in the Haze

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, when I read your comment last night I was just about to paint mine again! x

      Delete
  3. They are, I really love pastel colours! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  4. they are such pretty colours!
    Following you now!

    Hope you visit my blog too & let me know what you think :)
    BlogLovin' | BreezeyBee Blog | International Giveaway
    xoXo

    ReplyDelete
  5. They look like beautiful colours and I love the names! Love the review too, really concise, definitely going to read more :)

    http://www.ragsoflove.com/ xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh thank you, I always worry about the writing part of my blog posts! x

      Delete
  6. I love this nail polish combo and your nails are so pretty!
    Hope you're having a Fierce & Fabulous Sunday!
    xoxo
    Crystal

    My Blog, Crystal Chizoba
    My YouTube Channel
    ♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh the colours are so pretty! love essie nail polishes xx
    www.thefrillseekers.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! They have some really gorgeous colours x

      Delete
  8. Pretty shades, particularly 'eternal optimist' :)

    www.ofbeautyandnothingness.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's one of my favourites! It's a great nude colour x

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...