Hello! A bit of a different post from me today. I decided to do a bit of baking after being constantly inspired by Becky at milk bubble tea's beautiful creations. I adapted this really simple recipe from my Mum's popular eggless Victoria Sponge cake which I thought would be a good one to share as I know from trying to find things for my Mum how hard it can be to find desserts without eggs in.
225g self-raising flour
50g cocoa powder (I used Cadbury's drinking hot chocolate)
150g castor sugar
1 large tsp baking powder
2 tsp vanilla essence
100ml vegetable oil
200ml cold water
A cinema-style bag of Maltesers
A tub of Betty Crocker Chocolate Fudge Icing
A normal-sized packet of Maltesers
Makes approximately 20 - 25 cupcakes.
To make the cupcakes:
1. Crush up the Maltesers and freeze overnight beforehand to prevent the chocolate from melting while cooking. To break them up, I just put the Maltesers in a freezer bag and crushed them with a rolling pin. Make sure you don't break them up too finely - you want large chunks rather than a powder!
2. Sieve the flour, baking powder and cocoa powder together in a mixing bowl.
3. Place in all the other cupcake ingredients apart from the Maltesers and mix in well until smooth.
4. Beat the contents together for approximately 2 minutes to remove any remaining lumps.
5. Add in the crushed Maltesers and lightly mix in so they are evenly distributed throughout the mixture.
6. Divide the mixture into cupcake cases.
7. Cook in preheated oven at 175 degress (fan) for approximately 15 minutes.
1. When the cupcakes are completely cold, spread the Betty Crocker icing generously over each cupcake.
2. To finish, add a Malteser ontop of each cake.
And voila! The finished product!
I hope you guys enjoyed this kind of post. Let me know if you'd like to see more like this in the future!