Wednesday 9 January 2013

Review: Bourjois Magic Nail Polish Remover


I'm pretty sure that anyone who has ever looked at beauty blogs before must have seen a review of this product so I was really excited to receive this as a Christmas present from my sister to see if it lived up to the hype, and I must say, it does! Its really easy to use, you just remove the lid, put your fingernail inside, twist for a few seconds, remove and voila! Like magic, its gone. 

A criticism I found of this product though is that it does not live up to what it says on the label. It claims that it works within 1 second although I find it usually takes me about 10 seconds to remove all the polish off the nail. It is also supposed to have a 'red fruit and vanilla fragrance' however to me it just smells like regular nail polish remover.

This also does not work with glitter polish. As you can see from the picture above where my sister tried to remove her glitter nails, it leaves specks of glitter everywhere and I found that the next time I used it with normal nail polish it left glitter all over my fingers. The roughness of the glitter also causes part of the sponge to come away so I would not recommend using this for for anything other than normal nail polish.

It also comes with quite a steep price tag at £4.99 for a 75ml bottle, considering my usual remover costs £1 a bottle, but I find that the convenience of this product heavily outweighs the price. It is so quick and easy to use and I think this would be perfect to take on holiday or whilst on the move so I will definitely be repurchasing this product when it runs out.

Have you used this product before? Did you like it or is there another remover you prefer?


1 comment:

  1. this is amazing, my favourite nail polish remover by far! :)

    jasminepaigeblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...