Friday 11 January 2013

Review: Lush Popcorn Lip Scrub + Lush Bubblegum Lip Scrub






After hearing these mentioned quite a bit in the beauty blogosphere, I decided to venture into Lush last month to pick up the Popcorn Lip Scrub for my dry winter lips. Unfortunately they had just run out when I went in so I decided upon the Bubblegum one instead because it smelt so similar to their yummy Snow Fairy shower gel. However at Christmas I found out that my boyfriend's Mum had bought me the Popcorn one so I was a very happy girl indeed!

These scrubs are basically little pots of sugar which you rub onto your lips to exfoliate and remove any dead skin. They do seem a little pricey at £5.25 for a 25g pot but I've found that I only need to use a tiny bit so I have a feeling that these will last a long time. 

The label advises you to lick off the excess afterwards which made me a little nervous at first because licking your lips whilst trying to combat dry lips seems so wrong, however I found that as long as I apply my trusty Carmex lip balm straight afterwards my lips remain perfectly exfoliated and smooth. Besides both of these taste so lovely that you will probably have to restrain yourself from eating these straight out of the pot (I have resisted so far but only just!).

Sadly Popcorn was a limited edition for Christmas so I'm hoping they will bring them back next year but until then you can buy the Bubblegum and Mint Julips scrubs online here. They are great to apply before using lipstick and if you are especially prone to dry lips like me then I would definitely consider buying one of these.

Have you tried any Lush lip scrubs? Which one is your favourite?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...